A library card is not required to use the services listed below:
Free Computer Use
- Printouts are the same price as photocopying.
- Sending faxes costs 50 cents per page. Receiving faxes costs 25 cents per page.
Meeting Room Usage
- The library allows the community to use three of its rooms for their own purposes. Reserve the Friends of the Library Study Room for a small group that needs a quiet place to meet. Reserve the Heartland Bank and Drake Family Community Room for a large group meeting. The Activity Room can be reserved for parties where food will be served. Pictures of these rooms can be found under the Facility Tab at the top of this screen.
- A nice way to remember a friend or family member is by giving a book memorial. A memorial would start with a contribution for the price of the book. It is also helpful to give the librarians a suggestion for the kind of book desired for the memorial. For instance, might we suggest a cookbook for a remembrance of a friend who loved to cook? Or picking a book about tractors or farming practices for a person who loved to farm? A favorite book of the deceased would also be a fitting memorial. The book will contain a memorial sticker on the inside cover.
- This service is available to anyone who finds reading normal print challenging whether because of blindness, visual impairment, or physical disabilities. The books are delivered by mail to your door. Ask for a brochure about this program.
- The library would be happy to deliver materials to home-bound patrons. Call the library for more information.
Community Choir Music
- The El Paso Community Choir has graciously allowed the library to help share music to other choirs throughout this area. Multiple copies of sheet music with the different singing parts and accompaniment are available. The themes of the music are patriotic, secular, and spiritual. Please call the library for a list of the titles.
- Music CDs, movies, and electronic games sometimes won’t play correctly because of fingerprints or other marks on the CD or DVD. Drop those dirty discs off at the library. The staff will evaluate each disc to see if it can be improved. If so, the disc will be cleaned with our cleaning machine. Please note that our disc cleaning machine does not work for Blue-Ray DVDS. The charge for this service is $2 per disc. The library requires the discs be dropped off so that staff can do the cleaning during non-busy times.
- The library can laminate items that are the size of a regular size sheet of paper (8.5 inches X 11 inches) or smaller. There is a 30 cent charge for this service. It is the patron's responsibility to make sure the item to be laminated is the right size. If the item is too big, the patron will need to trim it if he or she still wants it to be laminated.
Patrons with a library card can take advantage of the services offered below:
RAILS (Reaching Across Illinois Library System)
- We belong to RAILS. RAILS serves the northern counties and western counties in the top third of the state. The southern border of RAILS extends roughly on a diagonal line from Pittsfield to Kankakee. McLean County is one of the counties on the southern border of RAILS. There are 3500 library facilities in the RAILS system. Membership in this library system allows patrons of the El Paso District Library to use their library cards at most area libraries.
- Inter-library loan describes a process of sharing between libraries. Patrons can request materials from other libraries in the RAILS system. Patrons can put a hold on an item by using the RSACAT online service for finding library materials or by asking a library clerk. Deliveries are made by RAILS and the deliveries arrive at our library on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
- If you cannot find the material you need using RSACAT, please contact a librarian. We can use another method to search for materials throughout the state.
Text Message Services - SHOUTBOMB
- Patrons can sign up to be notified with a text message when a hold becomes available and also when library materials go overdue. You can also renew an item by sending a text message. Find out more information in the SHOUTBOMB Brochure.
- Patrons can add their email to their library account to get instant notification of available holds and overdue items. Ask a librarian to add this information to your account.
- Many patrons receive e-readers as presents and then cannot figure out how to use them. Patrons can bring e-readers to the library on Thursdays from 4 - 5:30 PM. A staff member will be available to help patrons on a first-come, first-serve basis.