1. We were notified today that ERead Illinois is changing its checkout time from 21 days to 14 days starting January 2nd. ERead Illinois is an audiobook/ebook checkout system that we have a link to on our library website.
2. You can drop movies off in the dropbox outside! We know there is confusion about this. A long time ago before most of the staff even started working here (back in the days of VCRs), the library did not want movies in the dropboxes. But, our movies seem to do just fine when put in the dropboxes so please go ahead and put your movies in our dropbox. Please ote that some area libraries may not want their movies in their library's dropboxes. Each library has their own policy about this.
3. Magazines can go in the dropbox but it is helpful if you rubber band them around a book or a piece of cardboard or something so they don't get all mangled up. Paperback books also do better if they have a rubber band around the middle.
4. The policy from RAILS (our library system) is that we can only renew books checked out from other libraries one time. If a patron asks for additional renewals after that, we are supposed to call the owning library and ask permission. Please keep that in mind when calling on the phone and asking for renewals, too.
5. If you ask us, we can turn on the 'checkout history' on your account, so that we can help you go back and see what you have checked out. It starts working on the day that we turn it on, we can't go back in time before the switch is turned on.