The library will be closed on Wednesday, September 23rd for building maintenance. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause our patrons.
The Friends of the El Paso Library are putting on a Festival of Wreaths. If you are interested in making wreaths, come to the library and pick up an entry form. If you enter the contest, please make sure you understand that your wreath is a donation to the Friends of the El Paso Library and will be sold to the public for a nominal fee.
The rules of the contest are as follows:
1. Anyone (Individual, family, group or business) is allowed to enter.
2. Participant will donate completed wreath to the Friends of the Library to be sold for a flat nominal fee to the public during the El Paso Christmas Walk & Kiddie Bazaar.
3. If someone wants to buy a wreath prior to the Kiddie Bazaar, it may be prepurchased for a higher nominal fee, & a sold sign will be placed on the wreath while displayed.
4. Category winners will receive a ribbon & small prize.
5. A Grand Prize will be awarded based on public vote, determined by the amount of change collected while on display at the library and ending Friday, December 4th.
6. Wreaths must be completed and brought to the El Paso Public Library by Wednesday, November 18th.
NOTE: We have a small number of three-foot trees available to decorate and enter as well. Please inquire at the front desk of the library if you would like to decorate a tree!
The entry form can also be printed off here:
The book sale starts today in the Drake Family-Heartland Bank Community Room of the El Paso Public Library!
You can buy a bag of books for $5 (limit 20 children's books in a bag).
Or you can buy individual books. The prices are paperbacks 50 cents, hardcovers $1.00.
Once again the hours of the book sale are:
Today, Thursday, September 10th from 3 pm to 7 pm
Friday, September 11th from 3 pm to 9 pm
Saturday, September 12th from 9 am to 5 pm, closed during the parade
The library business hours will be adjusted during Corn Festival. On Thursday (Sept. 10th) and Friday (Sept. 11th) the library will close for library business at 4 PM. On Saturday, September 12th the library will be closed for business all day. However, many events are going on at the library during Corn Festival! The library part of the building will be locked off but you can enter through the main door and visit other parts. The fireman/policman display in the main stairway above was done by Diane Hinthorne. Come see it!
The used book sale this year will be in the Drake Family - Heartland Bank Community Room at the El Paso Public Library! Stop by for lots of good deals!
The hours of the sale are:
Thursday, September 10th 3 pm to 7 pm
Friday, September 11th 3 pm to 9 pm
Saturday, September 12th 9am to 5 pm, although they will be closed during the Corn Festival Parade
Kathy Lindsey, a children's author with local connections will be signing her new children's book, I Don't Want to be a Christmas Tree in the Lester Pfister History and Genealogy Room on Saturday, Sept. 12th from 1 pm to 3 pm. Stop by after the parade to see her!
The Lester Pfister History and Genealogy Room will be open during Corn Festival. It will be open on Thursday (Sept. 10th) and Friday (Sept. 11th) until 9 pm. On Saturday (Sept. 12th), it will be open from 1 pm to 9 pm. The history room is highlighting El Paso High School graduate composites from years ending in "5" or "0". The library is a nice cool and calm place to escape if Corn Festival becomes too hot or noisy for you!
Pictures and details of some of our recent programs